Board of Commissioners
The Commission is managed by a board of six Moroccans and six resident Americans who all serve without compensation. Board Members are appointed respectively by the Moroccan Minister of Foreign Affairs and the American Ambassador to Morocco, both of whom serve as Honorary Co-Chairs of the Commission board.
The board meets several times each year to set policy and review Commission activities. A sub-committee of the board is responsible for the screening and selection of candidates.
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, a Presidentially-appointed committee of twelve, establishes general policy guidelines and oversees the final selection of all grantees. In addition, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State (ECA) and MACECE are assisted in the administration of the program by the following co-operating agencies: The Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), the Institute of International Education (IIE), and AMIDEAST.
- Mr. Taieb Fassi Fehri, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
- His Excellency Ambassador Samuel Kaplan, Ambassador of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Morocco
- Dr. Wail BENJELLOUN (President) , Dean, Faculty of Science, Mohamed V University, Rabat.
- Dr. Mohamed DAHBI (Treasurer) , Dean of the School of Humanities & Social Sciences at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane; former Fulbright grantee.
- Dr. Hassan MEKOUAR, Former Rector of Mohamed I University, Oujda; currently Professor of English Literature, Faculty of Letters, Mohamed V University, Rabat ; former Fulbright grantee.
- Dr. Mokhtar ANNAKI, Senior Vice President of Development, Middle East and Africa, Whitney International University System.
- Mr. Azzedine BENNANI, Founder and Director of private business and professional schools (ESIG, EFET); representing the General Confederation of Moroccan Businesses (CGEM).
- Mr. Ahmed TAZI, Director of Cultural and Scientific Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Rabat.
- Mr. Gary BUTZBACH (Vice President), Director, American Language Center, Kenitra.
- Mr. Matthew LONG (Vice Treasurer), Cultural Affairs Officer, American Embassy, Rabat.
- Ms Julianne FURMAN, General Manager, Polydesign Systems, Tangier.
- Mr. Stephen L. Guyer, President, Shaws Investment International.
- Mr. Thor KUNIHOLM: Director, Tangier American Legation Institute for Moroccan Studies (TALIM).
- Mr. James MORROW: Country Managing Director, Citibank Morocco.
- Dr. James A. MILLER, MACECE Executive Secretary.
- Mr. Mohammed CHRAYAH, MACECE Deputy Executive Secretary.